Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting prepared for Pilgrimage

Ricky Lamkin’s BIBLE WALK
10/9/10
Hello Friends:

I am now 10 days from departing on my pilgrimage to the Holy Land. I leave JFK in New York to Tel Aviv on Monday, October 18, 2010. I will be accompanying Pastor Lon Solomon and other pilgrims on his "Best of the Holy Land Tour". For those interested, you can go to Lon Solomon’s website and obtain much more information on his tours.
Pastor Lon’s church is the McLean Bible Church in Mclean, Virginia. I am attending this tour after learning a lot more about Pastor Lon’s tours from Mrs. Oleta Burkeen, a member of my CWR (Class Without Rules) Sunday school class at 1st Baptist Church in Murray. By the way, I didn’t name the class I was just asked to teach it, but that is another story entirely. I am still figuring out who any why one would come up with a name of a Sunday school class like that. Anyway, Mrs. Burkeen, a retired nursing instructor at MSU and her sister have attended a number of tours with Pastor Lon. They went on the same Holy Land tour I am attending, Paul’s 3 missionary journey’s of Turkey, Greece and Italy, and most recently the 7 churches of Revelation located in modern day Turkey. She has convinced me this tour will be both an exciting and informative tour where we visit those location we all have heard of and being able to hear a brilliant man of God, Pastor Sam, provide sermons at each location of the major events and people associated.
I am more particularly interested in the latter. In 2007, I was able to accompany David Handigan and his wife, Ruth Ann, with Christian Tours who have lead a number of W.Ky., residents on tours of the Holy Land over the past several years. Upon returning from my last visit, I immediately set out making plans, slowly but surely, to return to the land where Jesus walked and shared with the world his reason for being all some 2000 years ago. The very idea of the 3 year ministry of Jesus, whose birth, death and resurrection had been prophesied for over 1000 years before he was born and knowing there is more mention of Jerusalem in the news than all the world’s cities combined, I knew where I was returning every single chance I could and am able.
I am attaching the itinerary of our trip for those who would be interested. I am staying over for the Mt. Sinai/Petra extension. I can’t wait to climb Mt. Sinai in the early morning hours to see the sun come up over Jordan onto the land where Moses lead the Israelites for 40 years before they came into the Promised Land, which we will tour before we get Sinai and Petra.
I am humbled to be able to attend. this tour and be able to have another close up look at the land where we will all return with Christ at his 2nd coming. I hope to make post to my blog each day describing what I see, the significance of the location and how it is presented by Pastor Lon.. I also hope I will be able to attach photographs I take of each location so others can get a closer view of a land most only get to dream of visiting. I am so very grateful for the opportunity.to share with those who may have an interest a part of my Holy Land pilgrimage.
God Bless
Ricky Lamkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment