Friday, October 22, 2010

JERUSALEM ON A SATURDAY MORNING

10.23.10

When I consider gratitde and good fortune, how can I take another breath than be humbled to wake up and look out my balcony onto Jerusalem. Whle my room does not face the old city, which would be about more than one could stand, I am overlooking the most important city in the world.  I have read that if one does a word search of major cities, the name Jerusalem will occur many times more freguently than any other major city in the world. New York, London, Paris, or otherwise. 

This is the is the naval of the world.Jerusalam is the touchtone of faith and has been since before time began.  I have read the legends of monorheism all provide before there was time, there was water, and a darkness covered the deep. A piece of land emerged out of the water.   That land is the Rock, and the rock is here.  Legend has it that Adam is buried here, Abraham came to sacrifice Issac here, Solomon built here, the Holy Spirit dwelled herer, Jesus prayer here. More importantly, God sent his son to die her, to be buried, resurrected here and ascended into Heaven from here.

It is said God issued his first ray of light here from the Rock. The ray pierced the darkness and filled this glorious land with light.  The light here seems to fit that description since it has a softness to it here at 5:30 in the morning.

I read here in Jerusalem one feels more alive, more yourself.  Clearly, Jerusalem has a calling to it.  Like before, it seems on these pilgrimages I am wrapped in a Spiritual Cocoon which gets more comfortable each and every day.

So today in Jerusalem.  The Jews have been say "Next year in Jerusalem" since being hauled away in 586 b.c. that next year they will return.  I am so grateful to have again returned. I hope the day will come when you can return. Until then, to those who are interested, I do my best to make these post, now that i finally can, and pray i can convey the spirit and magnitism of his wonderful city.

Your in Christ

Ricky A. Lamkin

No comments:

Post a Comment