Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Morning Jerusalem - Sunrise- Mt. of Olives,

What a way to begin the last day in Jerusalem.  Our wake up was 6 a.m.  I called the desk for a 5:30 wakeup since i wanted to see the sunrise over this City of God.  So the Lord and I woke up at 4:50 and i set here awaiting the sun to rise over East Jerusalem, Mount of Olives, Temple Mount and the rest of the city.

For those who know me, I am not typically without words.  Well, this morning I could only praise God, be humbled by his Goodness and Grace and grateful I have been so blessed to come to the Holy Land a 2nd time but more importantly this time with Pastor Lon Solomon.  I am overwhelmed and you will be to if you ever have the opportunity to visit here on a pilgrimige.  I can't imagine there being a more down to earth, caring, Man of God who works any harder than Pastor Lon and his Israeli contact Monte.  Monte, like most of our guides is a Christian, having accepted Christ as his Saviour, after guiding Lon's groups thru the entire Holy Land over the past 17 years.

Okay, for now I will shut up and hope the photos i am trying to attach come thru. 


I hope to continue posting for a long time and it will take a month at least to try to do justice to my experiences here. I also have video of many, many of the sites we visited and a long video of Sunday just letting it record the sights and sounds of Old Jerusalem.

God Bless You today and every day.

Ricky Lamkin

No comments:

Post a Comment